The BenQ HT2050 and HT2150ST are two of BenQ’s most popular home theater projectors. Both projectors offer excellent picture quality and vibrant colors, but the HT2150ST offers better performance than the HT2050. In this article, we will compare the features of both projectors and provide a recommendation on which one is best suited for your needs.
Benq HT2050 VS HT2150st Comparison of Features
- Contrast Ratio: The BenQ HT2050 has a contrast ratio of 15,000:1, while the HT2150ST has a contrast ratio of 12,000:1, making the HT2050 the better option for producing deep blacks, shadows and vibrant colors.
- Throw Ratio: The BenQ HT2050 has a throw ratio of 1.3 – 2.2, allowing for a wider range of projection distances, while the HT2150ST has a throw ratio of 1.47 – 1.62, limiting it to a shorter projection distance.
- Lamp Life: The BenQ HT2050 has a lamp life of up to 6,000 hours, while the HT2150ST has a lamp life of up to 4,000 hours, making the HT2050 the better option for long-term usage.
- Connectivity: The BenQ HT2050 has two HDMI ports, two USB ports, one VGA port, and one composite video port, while the HT2150ST has two HDMI ports, one USB port, one VGA port, and one composite video port, making the HT2050 the better option for users with a variety of input devices.
- Picture Quality: The BenQ HT2050 has a native resolution of 1920×1080 and a brightness of 2200 ANSI lumens, while the HT2150ST has a native resolution of 1920×1080 and a brightness of 2200 ANSI lumens, making them equally good options for producing a clear, crisp picture.
BenQ DLP HD Projector (HT2050) – 3D Home Theater Projector with All-Glass
The BenQ HT2050 is a 3D 1080P home theater projector that offers the ultimate cinematic experience. With its advanced DLP Technology and high 2000 ANSI Lumens of brightness, the HT2050 provides stunningly vivid colors and sharp images for a life-like viewing experience. Its short-throw lens design allows for easy installation and setup in any size room.
The built-in 10W speaker ensures excellent audio quality, while the exclusive CinematicColor Technology provides accurate color performance. Its powerful 5-segment Color Wheel further enhances color performance. The HT2050 also features a variety of connection options, including two HDMI inputs and two USB ports. This projector is perfect for home theater enthusiasts and gamers alike.
-High 2000 ANSI Lumens of brightness for vibrant colors and sharp images
-Short throw lens design for easy installation and setup
-Built-in 10W speaker for excellent audio quality
-Exclusive CinematicColor Technology for accurate color performance
-Powerful 5-segment Color Wheel for enhanced color performance
-Variety of connection options, including two HDMI inputs and two USB ports
-Bulky and heavy design
-Requires a dark room for an optimal viewing experience
BenQ HT2150ST 1080P Short Throw Projector
The BenQ HT2150ST is a powerful home theater projector that delivers stunning visuals for an immersive viewing experience. It offers a native 1080p resolution with an impressive 3000:1 contrast ratio and a large 1.3x zoom. The BenQ HT2150ST also features an impressive 15,000-hour lamp life, ensuring it will last for years to come.
With its short-throw design, you don’t need to worry about having space for a large projector screen, and its low-maintenance design makes it easy to keep running. Whether you’re watching movies, playing games, or giving presentations, the BenQ HT2150ST is the perfect projector for your home theater.
- Impressive 1080p resolution
- High 3000:1 contrast ratio
- Large 1.3x zoom
- 15,000-hour lamp life
- Short-throw design
- Low-maintenance design
- No 3D support
Q: What is the difference between BenQ HT2050 and HT2150ST?
A: The main difference between the BenQ HT2050 and HT2150ST is the HT2150ST has a built-in short throw lens, allowing it to project a larger image at a shorter distance. The HT2050 does not have this feature.
Q: Does the HT2150ST have a higher contrast ratio than the HT2050?
A: Yes, the HT2150ST has a higher contrast ratio of 15,000:1 compared to the 10,000:1 of the HT2050.
Q: What is the maximum resolution of the HT2150ST?
A: The HT2150ST supports a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080.
Q: Does the HT2050 have 3D capability?
A: Yes, the HT2050 is capable of projecting 3D content.
Q: What type of lamps are used in the HT2050 and HT2150ST?
A: Both the HT2050 and HT2150ST use a 230W lamp.
The BenQ HT2050 and HT2150ST are both excellent home theater projectors. The HT2050 offers a bright and vibrant picture quality, while the HT2150ST offers better performance with its higher contrast ratio and more ports. If you are looking for a projector with good picture quality and a few extra features, then the HT2050 is a good choice. However, if you want a more advanced projector with better performance, then the HT2150ST is the better option.