Most of us women are rely on the salon for any fashion purpose. Going to the salon for having your nail done is costly. What though if you stop going salon and start shaping your nail at home? Sounds weird!But it’s not impossible today; you can do it at home with the electric nail drill machines easily and safely.
In this article, we are going to discuss the correct ways of using an electric nail file. Before discussing the ways, there are some points you should keep in mind. Here are the points below:
Table of Contents
- 0.1 Pick Up The Perfect Nail Drill Machine
- 0.2 Always Clean The Bits And Keep It In A Dry State
- 0.3 Practice Filing To Avoid Accidents
- 1 How To Use Electric Nail Drills
Pick Up The Perfect Nail Drill Machine
It is the first and very important point to have the perfect nail drill machine. There are various types of nail drill machine in the market. You must pick up a perfect one which is best for you. If you need any help, you can check out our ‘best nail drill machine reviews and buying guides’ and select your perfect match.To avoid accidents, you must know the safety information that comes with the nail file. Otherwise, you may get injured with it during nail filling.
Always Clean The Bits And Keep It In A Dry State
To prevent any sort of infections or other problems, of course, you should keep the bits clean.
To cleat the dirt, scrub the dirt with a toothbrush and then rinse it with soap and water. You can use acetone and sterilizing to clean your nail file bits thoroughly so that the nail polish contained with the drill will be removed and the nail file bits will be germ-free and last long. Never let the buildup debris stick to the drill. Moreover, raise a habit of disinfecting your nail file bits before and after using it; every time you use it, you should clean it. Because an unhygienic drill file causes infection and leads to danger.
Never use the wet drill. Before using a nail drill, let it completely dry up. Always store the parts in the container separately to avoid dirt.
Practice Filing To Avoid Accidents
Before filing your natural nail, you must practice if you are a beginner. Learn how to drill at different speeds. Otherwise, there is a possibility of damaging the nail cannot be blown out. Moreover, there are different types of bits and bands. You must practice with these. You can practice filing with false nails. Once you are able to handle your drill, start filing your natural nails.
How To Use Electric Nail Drills
Before going to learn the usage of the drill bits, you should know the techniques with them. Now let’s learn how to use an electric nail file bits in safety ways. Here are the techniques below:
- Do you know how thin and sensitive your cuticles are? For the cuticles, always use a slow speed (around 2,500 RPM) because the cuticles are awfully thin sensitive as well. A bit unawareness causes infection here. Clean the underneath of your fingernail with a cone or barrel bit.
- When filing the backfills or concave area, be careful the speed is neither high nor low. It should be always medium. It will be good if you speed it up a little bit. Otherwise, the concave area of your nail can be damaged. Your fingers need support during filling the concave area; you can support your finger by pressing against your thumb. Always start filling from one side of the nail and move the barrel tip toward the other side. Such wise, repeat the action several times according to the needs.
- When it times to shaping the surface of your nail, use a fast speed; it can be around 15,000 RPM. Move the drill in a circular motion.
- Make your nail with a gentle pressure to get a perfect shape; while cleaning underside, too much pressure causes injuries. Moreover, you should hold the machine firmly to avoid vibration as much as possible; hold the drill in a horizontal position for the best control.
Here are some easy steps for removing the lifted acrylic below:
- For removing lifted acrylic, you have to pick up a tapered bit.
- The closest part of the cuticle is to be thin. It is the first and foremost step.
- Then, move the tapered bit side-to-side motion. Of course, the bit should be kept flat at all times. After refining the product, use a one-stroke method on the sealed and loose polish and remove the remaining polish.
- Sometimes, a small shadow can be appeared around the sealed and refined product; it’s normal. So don’t worry rather, continue filling your nail.
If you have an acrylic nail, cracks are appeared sometimes. It is easy to repair the crack. For repairing the crack, follow the following steps:
- Pick up a Mini French-filled diamond bit.
- You should work on the crack before you prep it. Use low speed to drill out the crack. The speed range should be around 3500 to 6000 RPM.
- Start filing from the outer part and move the bit toward the crack. Hold the bit in a parallel position.
Prep For A Full Set
Prepping the nail properly is very important. Because prepped nail lets the product adhere to the nail for longer preventing the probability of product lifting from the nails. To prep your nails, you have to pick up either of a medium-fine diamond bit, coarse silicon or fine sanding band. Then follow the steps for prepping.
- At first, push back the cuticles gently otherwise the bits can grab onto the skin. It causes hurting the skin.
- Keep the speed of the bit around 2,000 RPM and keep the bit flat against the nail. Move the bit from the left side to the right side and right side to the left side. In such a way, repeat the actions and go over the entire surface of the nail. Make sure that you left no parts of the nail untouched. Oh… you should keep in mind that the pressure should be light enough and then lift the bit off once after a few strokes to avoid heat-increasing.
- Using a nail file, remove the dead skin carefully.
- Don’t move the electric file; do otherwise, move the nails in the way you find comfortable.
Work On The Natural Nails
For filing the natural nails, you need an extra-fine diamond bit/extra-fine sanding band/silicon. Also, it requires buffing cream and cuticle oil. Let’s start filing following the provided steps.
- Slowly and gently push back the cuticles. Remove ridges and smoothen the surface of the nails with a drill. Use drill-friendly oil along with the drill.
- Use a speed that ranges from 2,500 RPM to 6,000 RPM and move the file machine from side-to-side. Keep the bit flat against the nail.
- Move the file in a circular motion to remove any dead skin.
- Now, pick up the extra-fine sanding band. Along with the sanding band, use drill oil in this section. Holding the bit horizontally, move the bit from one lateral fold to another. At the time of coming up on the cuticles, keep the bit flat.
- Now you are at the final step. Using a cotton buffer, apply some buffing cream on the surface of the nails to make your nail shiny. Once buffing done, massage cuticle oil on the surrounding nails and cuticles as well.
To do backfills, you have to pick up French-filled diamond, Carbide straight barrel, or specialized backfill. Here are the steps for backfilling you should follow.
- As a beginner, you should draw a line guide with a pencil on the inside portion where to drill on the nail.
- Keep the drill at a 10-degrees angle while cutting a new curved line- a smile line. The speed should be around 5,000 RPM to 9,000 RPM. Remove a minimum of 80% pink and 60% white.
- If you use carbide straight bit, start drilling from right side and move the drill toward the left side. The bit should be held as a parallel. More pressure can cut the nail too deep. So, be careful.
Finishing A Nail
This step will help you to get a smooth finished look. Use either medium barrel, carbide or diamond.
- Use a pencil to draw a shape on where to take down the sidewalls.
- Support the nail with the thumb; press across the nail with the thumb to reduce extra vibrations.
- While shaping, use horizontal motions; use a speed between 5,000 RPM to 12,000 RPM and move the bit from sidewall to sidewall.
- Keep the bit parallel to the nail while working near to the cuticle area. Of course, you should reduce the speed while working here because the cuticle area is very sensitive. Keep the speed under 7,000 RPM.
- Now, smoothen the nail using an extra-fine diamond bit along with a drill-friendly oil. Now get a shiny finish!
There are various types of nail drill bits in the market. Each bit is used to file different types of nail. Though the uses are different, the techniques are the same! Just follow the steps we discussed above to filing all types of nails. To be honest, if you want to be an expert, you must practice more and more. We request you not to try filing at home if you are not an expert.